‘Choose your pain: discipline or regret.’
I’m about to start week 2 of the 5. Some observations:
Progress the 5 if they are too easy.
- Pushups become diamond pushups or pushups with an oblique twist.
- Squats become single leg squats.
- Overhead presses become Arnold Presses.
- Add more weight
Modify the 5 if they are too difficult.
- Pushups regress to your knees.
- Overhead presses become wall angels.
- Reduce weight.
Let me remind you that YOU CANNOT OUT-TRAIN A POOR DIET.
So what exactly constitutes a healthy diet. Everyone has a different opinion.
Here’s a simple way to look at food from Precision Nutrition:
They have a cookbook that not only gives you great recipes, but the recipes are portioned out for you.
You can take this portion measurement everywhere you go. Watch:
That’s how I roll through the salad bar at Roche Bros in Downtown Crossing.
So now we have portions settled let’s work on HABITS.
- Eat as slowly as possible.
- Stop when you are around 80% full.
- Cut out processed foods (aka anything that you can’t trace back to its root in the earth or an animal).
5×5 is simple and will work.
These habits are simple and will work.
Do your best. Get 1% better every day.
Let’s choose discipline.